Friday, November 20, 2009

Looking forward to the weekend and being crafty

This picture from Devo at SXSW last year is only here because I haven't labeled the photos in my phone, and I guessed wrong with the first photo I uploaded :) But I think it's cool, so I'm leaving it here.



Last weekend I went out and got the goods to start screen printing. This is something that I have been wanting to do for a long time, but was under the impression that it was very hard, so I had never actually gotten around to it. Now, I find out that it really isn't that hard, but can be a bit time consuming.

So, the first thing that I did was a couple of T-shirts with this gear flower on the front (image from our last album cover).


I used a paper stencil for that, and it was really easy and quick to do, but the stencil doesn't last long and is not reusable. So, then we decided to something for the back of the shirt, but wanted to try to do a method where you block out the screen with this masking fluid. Turns out that this way is very tedious, and messy, and I think I might have ruined the screen. But now I have learned the very valuable lesson (that I probably should have known in the first place), which is this: use the supplies that are actually designed for the project at hand.

So, this weekend I am going to use this screen that I made for the back, I'll let you know how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment